Fork of the aerc email client (https://sr.ht/~rjarry/aerc)
You can not select more than 25 topics Topics must start with a letter or number, can include dashes ('-') and can be up to 35 characters long.
All notable changes to aerc will be documented in this file. The format is based on Keep a Changelog.
- View common email envelope headers with
- Notmuch accounts now support maildir operations:
- Display messages from bottom to top with
- Display threads from bottom to top with
:pipe -m git am -3on patch series when
Message-Idheaders have not been generated by
- Overflowing text in header editors while composing can now be scrolled horizontally.
0.13.0 - 2022-10-20
- Support for bindings with the Alt modifier.
- Zoxide support with
- Hide local timezone with
send-as-utc = truein
- Persistent command history in
- Cursor shape support in embedded terminals.
- Bracketed paste support.
- Display current directory in
- Change accounts while composing a message with
:openhandler on a per-MIME-type basis in
- Specify opener as the first
:openparam instead of always using default handler (i.e.
:open gimpto open attachment in GIMP).
- Restored XOAUTH2 support for IMAP and SMTP.
- Support for attaching files with
- Filter commands now have the
AERC_FILENAMEvariables defined in their environment.
- Warn before sending emails that may need an attachment with
- 3 panel view via
- Configure dynamic date format for the message viewer with
- View message without marking it as seen with
:open-linknow supports link types other than HTTP(S)
- Running the same command multiple times only adds one entry to the command history.
- Embedded terminal backend (libvterm was replaced by a pure go implementation).
- Filter commands are now executed with
:~/.config/aerc/filters:~/.local/share/aerc/filters:$PREFIX/share/aerc/filters:/usr/share/aerc/filtersappended to the exec
PATH. This allows referencing aerc's built-in filter scripts from their name only.
:open-linkwill now detect links containing an exclamation mark
outgoing-cred-cmdwill no longer be executed every time an email needs to be sent. The output will be stored until aerc is shut down. This behaviour can be disabled by setting
- Mouse support for embedded editors when
- Numerous race conditions.
0.12.0 - 2022-09-01
- Read-only mbox backend support.
- Import/Export mbox files with
address-book-cmdcan now also be specified in
- Display active key binds with
:help keys(bound to
- Multiple visual selections with
- Mark all messages of the same thread with
- Set default collapse depth of directory tree with
- Aerc will no longer exit while a send is in progress.
- When scrolling through large folders, client side threading is now debounced
to avoid lagging. This can be configured with
- The provided awk filters are now POSIX compliant and should work on MacOS and BSD.
outgoing-cred-cmdexecution is now deferred until a message needs to be sent.
next-message-on-deletenow also applies to
:attachnow supports path globbing (
- Transient crashes when closing tabs.
- Binding a command to
- Reselection after delete and scroll when client side threading is enabled.
- Background mail count polling when the default folder is empty on startup.
- Wide character handling in the message list.
- Issues with message reselection during scrolling and after
:deletewith threading enabled.
- Removed support for go < 1.16.
0.11.0 - 2022-07-11
- Deal with calendar invites with
- IMAP cache support.
- Maildir++ support.
- Background mail count polling for all folders.
- Authentication-Results display (DKIM, SPF & DMARC).
- Folder-specific key bindings.
- Customizable PGP icons.
- Open URLs from messages with
- Forward all individual attachments with
- Messages are now deselected after performing a command. Use
:remarkto reselect the previously selected messages and chain other commands.
<Enter>in the default postpone folder now runs
- PGP signed/encrypted indicators have been reworked.
threading-enabledoption now affects if message threading should be enabled at startup. This option no longer conflicts with
:openfor signed and/or encrypted PGP messages.
- Messages that have failed
gpgencryption/signing are no longer sent.
- Recalling attachments from drafts.
0.10.0 - 2022-05-07
- Format specifier for compact folder names in dirlist.
- Customizable, per-folder status line.
- Allow binding commands to
- Optional filter to parse ICS files (uses
- Save all attachments with
- Attach your PGP public key to a message with
- Stack overflow with faulty
0.9.0 - 2022-03-21
:pipeon multiple selected messages.
- Client side on-the-fly message threading with
:toggle-threads(conflicts with existing
- Per-account, better status line.
- Consecutive, incremental
- Foldable tree for directory list.
- Fuzzy tab completion for commands and folders.
- Key pass though mode for the message viewer to allow searching with
- Use terminfo for setting terminal title.
0.8.2 - 2022-02-19
colorizefilter with diff, multi-level quotes and URL coloring.
- XDG desktop entry to use as default
- IMAP automatic reconnect.
- Recover drafts after crash with
- Show possible actions with user configured bindings when reviewing a message.
- Allow setting any header in email templates.
:composeoption to never include your own address when replying.
- Templates and style sets are now searched from multiple directories. Not from
a single hard-coded folder set at build time. In addition of the configured
PREFIX/share/aercfolders at build time, aerc now also looks into
- A warning is displayed when trying to configure account specific bindings for a non-existent account.
Ctrl-hbinding not working.
- Open files leaks for maildir and notmuch.
0.8.1 - 2022-02-20 [YANKED]
0.8.0 - 2022-02-19 [YANKED]
0.7.1 - 2022-01-15
- IMAP low level TCP settings.
- Experimental IMAP server-side and notmuch threading.
:recallnow works from any folder.
- PGP/MIME signing and encryption.
- Account specific bindings.
- Address book completion for multiple addresses.
- Maildir external mailbox changes monitoring.
0.7.0 - 2022-01-14 [YANKED]
0.6.0 - 2021-11-09
The project was forked to https://git.sr.ht/~rjarry/aerc.
- Allow more modifiers for key bindings.
- Dynamic dates in message list.
- Match any header in filters specifiers.
- Don't read entire messages into memory.
0.5.0 - 2020-11-10
- Remove folder with
- Configurable style sets.
- UI context aware options and styling.
- oauthbearer support for SMTP.
- IMAP sort support.
0.4.0 - 2020-05-20
- Address book completion.
- Initial PGP support using an internal key store.
- Messages can now be selected with
- Drafts handing with
- Tab management with
- Add arbitrary headers in the compose window with
- Interactive prompt with
- Notmuch labels improvements.
- Support setting some headers in message templates.
aerc.confini parser only uses
:is now ignored.
0.3.0 - 2019-11-21
- A new notmuch backend is available. See
- Message templates now let you change the default reply and forwarded message
templates, as well as add new templates of your own. See
- Mouse input is now optionally available and has been rigged up throughout the
:bcccommands are available in the message composer.
- Users may now configure arbitrary message headers for editing in the message composer.
0.2.0 - 2019-07-29
- Maildir & sendmail transport support
- Search and filtering are supported (via
aerc mailto:...now opens the composer in running aerc instance
- Initial tab completion support has been added
- Improved headers and addressing in the composer and message view
- Message attachments may now be added in the composer
- Commands can now be run in the background with
- A new triggers system allows running aerc commands when new emails arrive, which may (for example) be used to send desktop notifications or move new emails to a folder
- The filters have been rewritten in awk, dropping the Python dependencies.
danteare both still required for HTML email, but the HTML filter has been commented out in the default config file.
- The default keybindings and configuration options have changed considerably,
and users are encouraged to pull the latest versions out of
/usr/shareand re-apply their modifications to them, or to at least review the diff with their current configurations. aerc may not behave properly without taking this into account.
0.1.0 - 2019-06-03